Tuesday 29 December 2015

Lemmy R.I.P Legend (24/12/54 - 28/12/15)


I will be raising a few glasses later, it's the least I can do, already had a few cans in the fridge, now they have Lemmy's name on them, who I first encountered in my teenage years, when I thought, wow what's all this then,  tasty, think I better get  a record player.My vinyl copies now battered and torn, but still spinning.This iconic heavy metal pirate, angel with  his dirty bass has taken his final  journey, after succumbing to an aggressive form of cancer,  though it's been one hell of a ride. He'd just got to 70 as well. Life is short so will be taking the volume to maximum laters, crank em up past 11. We have sadly lost a legend of legends. What a life of excess and no limits. I used to think that one person who could live forever would be Lemmy, but death in the end comes for us all. Here's to Rock and Roll and to Lemmy.
Rest in Peace.

" I know I'm born to lose,
and gambling is for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby,
I don't want to live forever





Motorhead - Iron Horse/ Born to lose



Motorhead - Ace of Spades

(on the Young ones)

 

Hawkwind - Silver machine

                                                     
                                                      Motorhead - white line fever.






No comments:

Post a Comment