Friday, 21 December 2012

Merry Crisis and a Happy New Fear


Capitalism used to work,
by the simple promise of a carrot,
the joys of being wealthier than others,
promotion, promotion, promotion.
But  the carat has lost its lustre,
and now a stick has to be used as well.
This stick takes the form of a war on the poor,
to be witchunted, scapegoated and demonised,
as they get out their scissors, and cut, cut, cut.
If I was a violent man,I'd stand outside and fight,
but all I can muster is a slow dance,
as I gather up some moist crumbs of happiness,
and with some simple words and signs, feed survival.
Tomorrow, I  look for  safe asylum,
remember the victims who have no knowledge of the future,
follow horizon, engraved with the pulse of struggle.
Plant flares in the mist,


Seasons Greetings/Happy Solstice

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. just had some spam, receive them everyday.....sound quite interesting, but have nothing to do with me....I am not a dictator, but all spam will be removed.

    ReplyDelete