Monday 20 August 2018

Finding Comfort


To protect my energy, must learn drugs and alcohol do not mix
That it's ok to go back to sleep, it's ok to leave phone of the hook,
It's ok to let go of the past, ir's ok to refuse permission
It's ok to take the key and let it run, follow wildflowers of the heart,
Refuse to judge one self, toss away the shame of guilt
Raise my voice and speak out, disobey the rules,
cleanse eyes, tae back what's been stolen
Abandon labels, refuse to be characterised,
To protect myself from life's surprises, I have poems in my palms,
That help me chase away the darkness, escape from fragmented prisons
Even when slightly crazy, can change all my phases,
In love with music too, can find rhythms to guide me
Feel freedom blowing in the wind , allow me to deeply breathe,
Fight harder, become stronger, as I wash the dirt from my skin
All the avenues of healing lie within,  helping break down all walls,
Finding the unknown of possibility, pathways of change
Remembering that on life's battlefield, the future remains unwritten.

No comments:

Post a Comment