Sunday 5 April 2020

In This Tilted World


Before lockdown often seeked forms of isolation
Beyond the hiss and roar of civilization.
I'd sit by windows open, watch the shadows creep
As the moon sailed in and out of clouds,
And as the night grew ever deeper
Would listen to the hooting of owls,
I'd lie and wonder, find peace among the darkness
Instead of feeling locked up, thinking there was no way out.

I'd wait for a lover to call, with a key of their own
To deliver the taste and milk of human kindness,
After times sometimes got filled with hopelessness
Would arrive and fill my heart with gladness,
Leading me from despair to hope
As the skies gleamed and the trees swayed,
Penetrating my senses with smiles so radiant
Whispering secrets, releasing calming scent.

Sometimes cool or intense as fire
Solving problems, as incense dispersed,
Outside on the streets,voices heard dearly
Tempered by the Sun's warm embrace;
Now the air is thick with quietness
The whole world seems to be in mourning,
But they say there's a God somewhere
Beyond the silence, I can almost hear her laughing.

2 comments: