Thursday 15 September 2016

Catching shadows


I don't plagiarise
but admit to borrowing things,
caught amidst afternoon tears
find soliloquies to release,
in the company of clouds
lines of survival  return,
beyond controlling forces
contours of freedoms echo,
from corners of memory
fragmented corners luminate,
beyond the darkness light returns
even when my hands tremble,
carrying thoughts of love and hope
beyond the prison of inner doubt,
floating free, allow thoughts  to wander
before the rippled tears fall again,
and  the ache in my heart
impels me to cry again.

5 comments:

  1. This is so powerful Dave. It gave me goosebumps.

    ReplyDelete
  2. cheers helen thanks for the appreciation.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Blimey Dave - it gave me goosebumps as well - brilliant -

    inspired

    ReplyDelete
  4. That unknown commenter is me (Hils) for some reason it isn't picking up my name -

    ReplyDelete
  5. no worries thanks for comment, probably just a glitch... all the best.

    ReplyDelete