Sunday 3 March 2019

Ghost of Yesterday


Ambling down the path of irrevocable memories
Nostalgias breath pervades my lungs,
Seismic segments of time fermenting and erupting
Intoxicatingly redolent of a turbulent storm,
My effervecent dream flat and fizzed out
Bubbles burst and evaporated,
Leaving my yearning taste buds dry and shrivelled
Bittersweet emptiness and a jaded palate.

The torturous syncopated rhythm of yesteryears melodies
Blast out their discordant notes in my ripened golden years,
The bells of bygone days ring out evocations of a decadent past
Every chime churns out an echo of a shattered dream,
Each jarring vibration plunges into my embittered soul
As spiralling silhouettes dance in unison,
Acerbic assailants from the springtide of my life
Seemingly oblivious to my former fragile naive spirit.

2 comments: