Monday 20 February 2023

One who goes his own way

 

Poem loosely inspired by painting above which is called 'One who goes his own way' by German artist Hans Dieter 1861- 1968

I am who I am
Who else could I be,
I won't conform
To consensus reality,
These are my thoughts
Releases of self identity.

I will never lie
Falter from my ideals,
I have flaws
Some are my fault,
Many are not
Got capacity to change.

Sometimes mad
Can seem crazy,
A bender of rules
Following own path,
Drinking. smoking
Mind bending, shifting.

With consciousness rising
Emotions, feelings woken,
Mind really free and open
Often will be very unspoken,
Having been beaten and broken
Can't allow pride to be stolen.

Being blunt hate bullies
Voices of Fascists and Tories,
Cries of injustice of any genders
Pain caused by their tormenters, 
Prejudice and discrimination
Passivity devoid of reason.

Misconceptions felt in the dark
Labels that have left heavy mark,
Perceived to be half-baked, lazy
Lacking moral credibility.
Don't try to judge or misconstrue
Please accept my human nature.

Containing light that shines
Wanting to brighten days,
I can be a decent friend
Offer kindness, compassion,
Unless pushed too far
Driven close to the edge.

We are all different
With our own realities, 
Uniqueness of perception
Routes of variable direction,
So follow your own blazing star
I will carry on chasing mine.

6 comments:

  1. The I in why I write is important, ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shame you had to spoil it by emblazoning your lefty credentials half way through a decent attempt at poetry. 🙄😉

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. sorry was just being truthful, cheers though

      Delete
  3. Like thus poem very much teifidancer. And so glad your politics shine through

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks if not added politics would have just been unreal

      Delete