Friday 19 November 2010

Out of the Blue.



Yesterday  saw a kingfisher
by the shoreline at half tide
how unusual I thought
as I chain smoked
and dived for pearls,
swam against currents
and gasped for air.

Followed instinct
stayed calm,carried on,
removed all labels
passed admission wards
moved beyond breakdown..

Later avoided the news
inhaled deep breaths instead,
reached out for her soft touch
in the twilight healed myself,
practiced containment locked all doors.

Ah Love is a warm drug
keeps us on track,
imposes no conditions
no holding back.

Offers endless beginnings
in the morning bubbling
leaves fingerprinted petals
at the scene of the crime.

Does a dying rose protest 
when dark clouds bring the rain 
does a lonely shore deny waves  
when the tide returns again.

Does a poet put their pen down  
when they see an empty page  
no, I will keep dreaming 
these heartbeats believing
until my final breath is made.


2 comments:

  1. thanks, sometimes I find the best thought is that, so I often leave my poems completely unedited.
    regards.

    ReplyDelete