Wednesday, 8 October 2014
" There is little evidence that workfare increases the likelihood of finding work.... workfare is least effective in getting people into jobs in weak labour markets where unemployment is high." This week their is a week of action against it, workfare profits the rich by providing free labour, whilst hurting the poor by taking away welfare rights if people refuse to work. The government is misleadingly calling it now 'Help to work' but it is business as usual, it is draconian, exploitative, unjust and wrong, many charities are now refusing to have anything to do with it because :-.
1. There is no evidence that workfare schemes lead to employment.
2. You're five times more likely to be sanctioned than get a job on a government work programme.
3. Workfare is undermining voluntary and charitable values.
4.Forced Labour is illegal.
5. Workfare is not just for the long-term unemployed.
6.Courts have repeatedly ruled against workfare schemes.
7. Workfare is heading for collapse but we need to push for it.
Facts reblogged from here, where you will find more information.:-
Posted by teifidancer at 17:38