Sunday 2 January 2022

News of the World


Be still, attentive.Stay sill enough to notice,
Try to take a moment to read my letter to the world,
The cry of my screaming heart, where truth shakes free,
I'm awake, I'm alive,  but I'm far from happy,
The Queen started the new year,
By giving a knighthood to Tony Blair,
Who lied about about WMDS in Iraq. Afghanistan and beyond,
Who together with George Bush committed Britain to a criminal war,
The NHS is in crisis. Now seeing true cost of Conservatism,
Toxic Prince Andrew's Pizza Express alibi, 
Collapsing like Dominos before our eyes,
Could someone please pass me some Anchovies,
While I continue releasing my plaintive cries,
We have a Prime Minister that hid away to eat his Christmas Pud,
While ignoring deaths on an industrial scale,
Palestinian detainee Hisham Abu Hawwash,
Has not woken since 03:00 am, dying by Israeli design;
After 139 days of hunger strike, now slipped into a coma
From now on, every coming year will be his for eternity,
Mainstream media builds walls of silence to keep the sadness out,
There not a right wing franchise, there a Neoliberal entity,
The protectors of the wealthy elite and the  ruling class,
Something  doesn't have to change. Everything  has to change.

No comments:

Post a Comment