Wednesday 19 January 2022

A Hum

 


Tears of repentance forever flow from my eyes

In days of confusion, like jesus christ on the cross

The blood of red wine coursing through my vein

The  loneliness of everlasting pain

Find time to raise my voice, spread some love

Inhaling deeply as I reminisce

Curse injustice, cruelty I dismiss

Have no reason to be afraid

Witnessed for long time, light flickering

The hum of bass, guitar and drum

People who drove me crazy

Allowed my lips to keep drinking

With bloodshot eyes, release defiance

Should have got  a taxi

But found a way home

Beyond  the heartache

I count my blessings

As time runs out forever

This is not my final word

A gobshite without end

The moon and sun will rise

Leaves dancing on the wind

Rumbles of thunder awakening

Life  glowing in eternity.

No comments:

Post a Comment