Thursday 28 March 2024

On the bridge between brutality and humanity

 

I'm glad that I have strong beliefs
Am able to say what I  feel,
Keep  calling for a ceasefire
An end to oppression and war,
Use my voice to question
Take a stand against barbarity,
When Fascism and cruelty 
Has become the norm for so many.

I believe in extreme kindness
Forces of good against evil,
The power of love and empathy
Among the painful tug of times undertow,
Remembering all those that struggle to be free
People who keep resisting malevolent violence,
Who  do not accept a colonising rogue country
Trying to exterminate another nation of people.

With militant identity and unfaltering breath
I support lion hearts, their liberty denied,  
Voices that continue to dream for a better world
Defying forces of injustice and suppression,
The protestors demonised and silenced
People enslaved all over the world,
On the pavements and roadsides
Far away from where I abide.

With famine and starvation in Gaza imminent
Thousands of displaced forced to eat animal feed,
As bombs continue to  rain down  on  innocents
I hope for an end to this ongoing suffering,
Ignore the politicians that cruelly diminish
Keep following rebel souls that break the chains,
Shining their truth for those unable to see
Seeking a new reality beyond current insanity,

No comments:

Post a Comment