Saturday 13 April 2024

Identity

   
                                             Image : Georges Seurat. 1884

I show some  people respect  
And I will always help  those who need me,
It’s not because I’m old fashioned
It’s because I was raised property,  
Because of this will always disdain the fucking Torys 
With loud profanity as long as I'm still alive,
While volcano rumblings of cosmic grief 
Keep releasing eternal rhythms of eternal love,
Under the gaze of stars and moonshine
Blossoms of springtime, heralding new beginnings,
My quest for peace unrelenting
My determination unfaltered,
I will never lose purpose
Continue striving for the light,
In a world lost in the fog 
My wild palms will cup the cracked dawn,
Without fear and retribution
Finding ripples to calm  my senses.

No comments:

Post a Comment