Thursday 9 May 2019

For Her Ears ( Dedicated to Jane Elizabeth Husband; the mighty furbster; 9/5/60 - 8/1/17 )


I pay homage today to someone no longer here
Far away in the infinite, in the galaxy of stars
Though moving on, will not simply press delete
While holding on to other magical things
Finding kindness near, that can comfort my tears
Making it so much easier to progress
But a memory ever present
Especially on a day like this
Still poignant and precious.

I remain grateful, this is my truth
To a love that did not judge
Encouraged my deep convictions
Shared music and the gift of friendship
Will not canonise, after all was only human
Cherised, treasured, like the flowers that return
The rains that fall, allowing gardens to grow
Love that continues, intimate and within reach
Releasing lips alive, full of understanding,

I watch leaves now in blossom
Listen to orchestrated choruses of the day
On the edge of the world, clinging on
Sowing seeds instead of sadness
In the distance hear her gentle laughter
See a smile that still gives strength and meaning
Ears listening I hope, but hiding
All our breaths will one day be taken away
Ghosts of time, our echoes will linger
For now I offer this gift, from which all can inhale.

2 comments: