Monday, 21 March 2016
When the news headlines are the ' crisis ' in the tory party you know it's a good day already, a time that I for one release a mighty smile. As for compassionate Conservatism. Their is no such thing. Their all grubby pocket-lining trough snouters.
Here's 5 reasons why Ian Duncan Smith's resignation letter could end austerity.
1. Ian Duncan Smiths resignation letter attacked Osborne's claim that 'we are all in it together.' Osbornes budget cut £3000 a year from disabled people to pay for tax cuts from the rich.
2. His letter also revealed that Tory cuts were ' distinctly political rather than in the national economic interest.' Finally killing the myth that austerity is about helping the economy.
3. Osbornes austerity has been shown to be failing on its own terms. He has missed his own targets on investment, debt and balancing the books.
4. Tory M.Ps and the general public have joined IDS in attacking these cuts. A poll showed that fewer British people than ever believe Government cuts are necessary.
5. Support for an alternative anti-austerity message is now much stronger than the Tories message. It seems that the British public is finally waking up to the fact that ideological austerity is one big con. A socially and destructive one designed to transfer wealth form the majority of people to the super rich minority. We must continue to oppose the Tories damaging toxic policies, and make the case for an economy in which prosperity is shared by all.
Share to expose the truth about austerity.
Posted by teifidancer at 11:15