Sunday 1 June 2014

David R Edwards Desert Island Discs


Seminal Welsh Band Datblygu (regulars to this blog will know that I regard them as the greatest band to have emerged from my country) have a new mini album Erbyn Hyn  coming out on June 7th, it will be launched at Tangled Parrot Records in Carmarthen next Saturday.
In anticipation of this, here is David Rupert Edwards Desert Island Discs, that me old mucker lovingly compiled for me recently. I need to give him a call, hopefully he will pick up my telepathic communication, and realise that my bloody mobile phone has broken.
The following worked its magic for me, hope it does the same for anyone passing through.

1 Associates - kitchen Person


2 Bob Dylan - Simple Twist of Fate



3 Happy Mondays - Stinkin' Thinkin'



4 Frank Sinatra - I Get a kick Out Of You


5 Scott Walker - Amsterdam


6 The Fall - Blindness





7Leonard Cohen - The Partisan





8 Tom Waits- Nirvana


Luxury item:- Unlimited Tobacco

Book:- 'Factotum' -  Charles Bukowski

Song that Dave would save if a wave came:-
#8 (written by Bukowki)

Dave will be in conversation with the DJ Huw Stephens at Dinefwr Literature Festival
in Llandeilo June 20 -June 22

http://www.dinefwrliteraturefestival.co.uk/

Nice interview here:-

http://louderthanwar.com/louder-than-war-interview-datblygu/

Datblygu's website is here

http://ankst.co.uk/



2 comments:

  1. Diolch David a Teifidancer - bydd yr ynys yn lle da i aros..

    ReplyDelete
  2. croeso.... mae ynys ble mae breudwyddio fi effro........ ac diolch it ti am neges.

    ReplyDelete